When and Where: October 27, 2019 – Jamesville, N.Y. (Jamesville Beach State Park) - Distance: 6k
Result: Southern New Hampshire University – 2nd/14 (74)
Sophomore Ashley Corcoran (East Longmeadow, Mass.) finished second and the SNHU Women's Cross Country team turned in its best-ever second-place finish at Sunday's NE10 Championship in Jamesville, N.Y.
- It was another tremendous race for Corcoran, who has led the team in each race this season. Her time on Sunday was 23:37.2 to earn First-Team All-Conference.
- Freshman Lydia Mathson (Nashua, N.H.) finished 11th overall to earn Second-Team All-Conference in 24:56.2. She had the third best time among freshman.
- Sophomore Grace Henson (Cumberland, R.I.) and freshman Alexarae Clark (Deer Park, N.Y.) wound up 16th and 21st to earn Third-Team All-Conference. Henson ran 25:12.2 and Clark finished with 25:21.1.
- Also scoring for the Penmen on Sunday was junior Maura Coakley (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.), in 24th place, with a 25:25.0.
- Competing on Sunday were freshman Sarah Zarakotas (Deerfield, N.H.), at 26:15.4 and senior Madison Brand (Valhalla, N.Y.) in 28:01.2.
- The Penmen improved on a sixth-place finish last year at Hopkinton, N.H. SNHU finished fifth in 2013 and 2014 at the NE10 Championship.
- Stonehill College (36) won its 11th consecutive championship and 18th in past 20 seasons.
- Saint Anselm College (134), Adelphia University (142) and Assumption College (147) completed the top five.
- Assumption's Kialeigh Marston, a senior, won the race, finishing in 23:27.0, a little over ten seconds ahead of Corcoran.
- The Penmen earned two Queen City Cup points with Saint Anselm College (134) finishing just behind SNHU in third place.
- Southern New Hampshire will race next on November 9, when it heads to Philadelphia, Pa. for the 2019 NCAA Division II East Regional.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.