When and Where: October 5, 2019 – Bethlehem, Penn. (Lehigh University)
Distance: Women's race, 6k
Results: Southern New Hampshire University – 28th/42 (673)
Sophomore Ashley Corcoran (East Longmeadow, Mass.) ran the fastest 6k in SNHU program history, finishing 12th overall at the Paul Short Invitational at Lehigh.
- Corcoran ran the 6k course in 21:24.8. The school record had belonged to Laura O'Hanlon, who had run 21:50 at Paul Short in 2016.
- Sophomore Grace Henson (Cumberland, R. I.) finished 51th overall in 22:09.8, a new personal best.
- Newcomer Lydia Mathson (Nashua, N.H.) ran a 23:17.2 and junior Maura Coakley (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) finished in 23:47.3, her best 6k.
- SNHU's other scorer was freshman Sarah Zarakotas (Concord, N.H.) in 24:31.6
- The Penmen competed in the Paul Short Brown Race which was won by Stony Brook University. Columbia finished in second place.
- The Penmen will compete at the New England Championships at Franklin Park next Saturday, Oct. 12.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.