When and Where: October 25, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts)
Score: Stonehill College 4, Southern New Hampshire University 1
Records: Stonehill 11-3, SNHU 11-2
Freshman Isabella Andrade (Cochabama, Bolivia) secured a victory at No. 4 singles, but the second-seeded Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team had its nine-match winning streak snapped Friday afternoon with a 4-1 loss to third-seeded Stonehill College in the Northeast-10 Championship semifinal round at the Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts.
- Andrade, who played at No. 5 for the majority of the season, moved up to No. 4 where she pulled out a 6-1, 6-4 victory against Steffi Antao.
- Freshman Magdalena Hubickova (Prague, Czech Republic) and sophomore Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) combined for a 6-4 win at No. 1 doubles over Isabelle Porter and Samantha Ormeshe, though the Skyhawks would rally for wins at Nos. 2 and 3 to earn the doubles point.
- Southern New Hampshire had now won nine consecutive matches, while Stonehill has now captured four straight against NCAA Division II opponents.
- The Penmen earned a 4-3 road win against the Skyhawks in the regular-season meeting Oct. 5.
- This marked the 12th time in the previous 13 seasons SNHU was playing in the NE10 semifinals.
- Andrade remains undefeated at a perfect 13-0 this season in dual-match play.
- Southern New Hampshire is now off until the spring.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.