When and Where: September 22, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts)
Score: Adelphi University 5, Southern New Hampshire University 2
Records: Adelphi 3-1 (3-0 NE10), SNHU 2-1 (2-1 NE10)
Freshman Isabella Andrade (Cochabama, Bolivia) won both of her matches, but the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team suffered its first defeat of the season, as it fell to Adelphi University, 5-2, Sunday afternoon at the Penmen Stadium Tennis Courts.
- Andrade was a 6-4, 6-1 winner over Julia Kielan at No. 5 singles and also teammed with sophomore Elizabeth Dwyer (Cutchogue, N.Y.) to down Kielan and Lea Baschanow, 6-1, at No. 3 doubles.
- Freshman Magdalena Hubickova (Prague, Czech Republic) earned the other point for the Penmen at No. 1 singles, toppling Barbie Quagliardi, 2-6, 6-2, 6-4.
- Southern New Hampshire came an eyelash away from taking the doubles point, but Hubickova and sophomore Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) could not close out a match point at No. 1 against Quagliardi and Nicole Kielan, and eventually fell, 7-6 (10-3).
- The Penmen return to action Wednesday, Sept. 25 (3 p.m.) when they take on Bentley University.
- The next home match for SNHU is Saturday, Sept. 28 (1 p.m.) when it plays host to Franklin Pierce University.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.