When and Where: October 12, 2019 – Syracuse, N.Y. (Ted Grant Field)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, Le Moyne College 1
Records: SNHU 8-3-0 (5-3-0 NE10), Le Moyne 1-9-1 (0-7-1 NE10)
Sophomore Dorthea Glorud (Brumunddal, Norway) and senior Emily Roan (Bridgewater, Mass.) collected first-half goals, as the 23rd-ranked Southern New Hampshire University women's soccer team edged Le Moyne College, 2-1, Saturday morning at Ted Grant Field.
- Glorud opened the scoring late in the 12th minute off an assist from junior Allyson Patterson (Seekonk, Mass.).
- Roan's marker followed late in the 26th minute off a rebound opportunity from a shot by sophomore Sydney Carney (Northborough, Mass.).
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Sophomore goalie Hannah Rose (Waterloo, Ont.) made one saved, while Le Moyne's Shannon Bennison stopped five shots.
- Le Moyne jumped on the board with a goal midway through the 78th minute.
- The Penmen doubled up the Dolphins in shots, 16-8, including 12-5 in the opening stanza.
- SNHU also held a 6-2 advantage in corner kicks.
- SNHU is now 11-0-2 in its last 13 matches at Le Moyne. Its lone road loss to the Dolphins came in the first meeting in Syracuse on Nov. 5, 1983 (3-2) in the ECAC Tournament. Overall, the Penmen have won four of the last five meetings, including three straight, against Le Moyne.
- Patterson, who has recorded at least one point in 10 of 11 matches this season, holds the team lead in points (19) and goals (8). Carney leads the squad in assists (8) and is second in points (18). Glorud is second in goals (6) and third in points (17).
- The Penmen improve to 41-12-8 (.738) over their last 61 matches dating back to the 2016 campaign.
- The Penmen return to action on Saturday, Oct. 19 (4 p.m.) when they play host to Assumption College at Penmen Stadium. The match will air live on FOX College Sports.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.