When and Where: October 12, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, American International College 1
Records: SNHU 4-4-2 (2-3-1 NE10), AIC 5-4-1 (3-3-1 NE10)
Senior Michael Goncalves (Ludlow, Mass.) snapped a scoreless deadlock with 5:24 to play in the first half and graduate student Alex Satrustegui (San Sebastian, Spain) added 56th-minute insurance, as the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team held off American International College for a 2-1 victory Saturday night at Penmen Stadium.
- Goncalves, who was robbed of two more goals in the second half by the AIC goalkeeper and the post, moves into second place on the team in points (10).
- Satrustegui's third goal of the season ties him for fourth on the squad in points (6).
- Grad student João Brum (Ribeira Grande, Portugal) collected an assist that gave him the team lead in points (11), while redshirt-sophomore Andre Pereira (Cheshire, Conn.) collected the first assist of his career.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) stopped six of the seven shots he faced.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Jake Durham made it a one-goal game midway through the 78th minute.
- AIC goalkeeper Ben Taylor turned away three of the five shots that came his way over the first 55:26, before leaving with an injury. Ioannis Iatroudis made both saves he could in the final 34:34.
- The Yellow Jackets held a 14-11 edge on the Penmen in shots, as well as a 4-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Southern New Hampshire is unbeaten over its last three contests (2-0-1).
- The Penmen, who are now 20-2-0 all-time against the Yellow Jackets, extend their unbeaten streak to 14 (13-0-1) versus AIC.
- Satrustegui has now scored in 27 of the 38 matches he has played in with the Penmen, who are 23-3-1 (.907) when he finds the back of the net.
- SNHU improves to 98-19-13 (.804) over its last 130 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- The Penmen are now 73-9-7 (.860) over their last 89 contests at home, including 11-2-1 at Penmen Stadium.
- SNHU will return to action next Saturday, Oct. 19 (1 p.m.) when they play host to Le Moyne College at Penmen Stadium. The contest will air live on FOX College Sports.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.