When and Where: September 14, 2019 – Bridgeport Conn. (Knights Field)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 2, University of Bridgeport 1
Records: SNHU 2-0-1, Post 1-3-1
Graduate student Sami Gliguem (Paris, France) found the back of the net with just 6:42 to play in regulation, as he snapped a tie to send the Southern New Hampshire University men's soccer team to a 2-1 victory against the University of Bridgeport on Saturday night at Knights Field.
- Gliguem's goal was his first in a Penmen uniform and was set up by classmate João Brum (Ribeira Grande, Portugal).
- Fellow graduate student Alex Satrustegui (San Sebastian, Spain) scored his second goal of the season just past the midway point of the 12th minute, with senior Michael Goncalves (Ludlow, Mass.) picking up his second assist of the year.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Patrick Quinn (Manchester, N.H.) stopped two of the three shots he faced in his Penmen debut.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Bridgeport goalkeeper Carlos Tofern made a pair of saves.
- The Purple Knights held a 9-7 edge in shots, as well as a 7-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Southern New Hampshire is unbeaten through three matches for the sixth straight season.
- SNHU improves to 96-15-12 (.829) over its last 123 matches dating back to the beginning of the 2013 National Championship season.
- Satrustegui has now scored in 26 of the 34 matches he has played in with the Penmen, who are 22-3-1 (.865) when he finds the back of the net.
- The Penmen return to action Wednesday, Sept. 18 (4 p.m.) when they take on Wilmington (Del.) University.
- The next home match for SNHU is Saturday, Sept. 21 (7 p.m.) when it plays host to Franklin Pierce University at Penmen Stadium.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.