When and Where: November 26, 2019 – Waterville, Maine (Alfond Rink)
Score: Colby College 2, Southern New Hampshire University 1
Records: SNHU 6-2-0, Colby 2-2-0
Sophomore Cole Stewart (Alpharetta, Ga.) tallied for the Penmen in the second period, but SNHU fell on the road at Colby College Tuesday 2-1.
- Stewart scored the lone goal for the Penmen at 12:58 of the second period which tied the game at 1-1. It was his third goal of the season.
- Sophomore Travis Quigley (North Babylon, N.Y.) and sophomore Andy Somerville (Medford, Mass.) had the assists.
- Brendan Murphy won the contest for the Mules with a goal at 16:29 of the third period.
- Senior Kurt Gutting (Weymouth, Mass.) had another tremendous night in goal, making a career-high 61 saves.
- Gutting was named the NE10 Goalie of the Week for the second time this season after coming up with 50 saves at Saint Anselm in a 4-3 win last Friday.
- Andy Beran made 34 saves in his collegiate debut for Colby.
- The Mules outshot the Penmen for the game 63-35, including 29-9 in the final stanza.
- Both squads went 0-for-1 on the power-play.
- The Penmen saw a six-game win streak snapped in the loss. SNHU had not dropped a contest since the season-opener against Bryn Athyn.
- SNHU and Colby College were playing for the first time.
- The Penmen will be home game The Ice Den over the weekend to host the Manchester PAL Cup. SNHU will host Morrisville at 1:50 p.m. Wentworth and UMass Dartmouth will follow at 4:50 p.m.
- The consolation game of the tournament is scheduled for 1:50 p.m. on Sunday, December 1. Saturday's winners will play at 4:50 p.m. on Sunday.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.