When and Where: December 1, 2019 – Waterbury, Conn. (Drubner Center)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 86, Post University 74
Records: SNHU 5-2, Post 4-2
Senior Shawn Montague (Yorktown Heights, N.Y.) matched his career high with 27 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, as the Southern New Hampshire University men's basketball team rallied for an 86-74 victory over Post University on Sunday afternoon at the Drubner Center.
- Montague – career-high-matching 27 points (13-18 FG, 1-2 FT), 13 rebounds
- Senior Eamonn Joyce (Medford, Mass.) – 17 points (6-13 FG, 4-8 3-FG, 1-1 FT), 6 rebounds
- Junior Michael Almonacy (Brentwood, N.Y.) – 15 points (6-10 FG, 1-2, 3-FG, 2-2 FT), 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals
- Freshman Jacari Sanders (San Antonio, Texas) – 14 points (5-7 FG, 1-2 3-FG, 3-4 FT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds
- Sophomore Mikey Buscetto (Waterford, Conn.) – 9 points (4-9 FG, 1-5 3-FG), 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals
- SNHU trailed by 11 with 9:21 remaining in regulation when, out of a timeout, it flipped the script and outscored Post, 31-9, over the remainder of the contest. Almonacy led the way with 11, while Joyce buried a trio of triples for nine points.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Darrick Boyd paced the Eagles with 17 points (5-9 FG, 3-6 3-FG, 4-4 FT), while Devonte McCall posted a double-double of 14 points (7-16 FG) and 11 boards.
- The Penmen outshot the Eagles, 55.4 percent (36-65) to 43.9 percent (29-66), while Post narrowly returned the favor from beyond the arc, 37.5 percent (9-24) to 35 percent (7-20).
- SNHU was also better from the stripe, 77.8 percent (7-9) to 60 percent (6-10).
- The Penmen won the glass (38-33) and the paint (40-36), collected more points off turnovers (16-13), and featured a better assist-to-turnover ratio (16/12-15/13).
- Southern New Hampshire halted a mini two-game skid with the victory.
- SNHU improves to 9-1 all-time versus Post, including eight staight in the series.
- Montague's double-double is his fourth of the season and 14th of his career.
- The Penmen are back in action Wednesday, Dec. 4 (7:30 p.m.) when they take on Saint Michael's College.
- The next home contest for SNHU is Saturday, Dec. 7 (3:30 p.m.) when it plays host to Queens (N.Y.) College at the Stan Spirou Field House.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. You can also sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams.