When and Where: April 12, 2019 – Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Softball Field)
Score: #13 Southern New Hampshire 4, Assumption 0
Records: SNHU 30-4 (15-0 NE10, 9-0 NE10 NE), Assumption 18-13 (11-7 NE10, 7-3 NE10 NE)
- Freshman Emily Carbonneau (Lowell, Mass.) homered, doubled, and drove in three runs.
- Junior Maddy Barone (Halifax, Mass.) improved to 16-1, tossing another complete game. She also delivered an RBI single.
How It Happened:
- The Penmen scored all the runs they would need in the bottom of the first inning. Freshman Chloe Griffin (Salem, N.H.) singled to start the game and senior Erin Garczynski (Norwood, Mass.) walked. Carbonneau doubled to right field, driving in both Griffin and Garczynski. Barone then laced a single to right, plating Carbonneau.
- The only other run of the game came on Carbonneau's eighth homer of the season, a shot to left center in the bottom of the sixth to make it 6-0.
- Barone allowed five hits, did not walk a batter, striking out six. She was at her best when the Greyhounds started the top of the sixth with a single and a double, but Barone battled back to retire three consecutive batters to secure her team-leading fifth shutout.
- Barone's ERA falls to 0.90. She has 125 strikeouts in 132 innings.
- Not only does Emily Carbonneau lead the NE10 with eight homers- she now leads the Penmen with 27 RBI. That's two behind Assumption's Alyssa Beaton.
- The Penmen will host Assumption in a Northeast-10 doubleheader on Saturday (2/4 p.m.) at the SNHU Softball Field. The games will be televised by Fox College Sports.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.