When and Where: October 13, 2018 – Colchester, Vt. (Tarrant Recreation Center)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 7, Saint Michael's College 0
Records: SNHU 6-6 (5-4 NE10), Saint Michael's 5-10 (3-8 NE10)
Freshmen Lior Pachuorkovski (Zoran, Israel) and Elizabeth Dwyer (Cutchogue, N.Y.) returned Saturday and a full-strength Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team rolled to a 7-0 victory against Saint Michael's College at the Tarrant Recreation Center.
- Pachuorkovski, who had missed the first 11 matches of the season in singles, posted a 7-5, 6-4 win at No. 4 against Brittany Katz.
- Dwyer breezed past Katie Costa, 6-2, 6-1, at No. 6, after being absent from the last five matches.
- Together, Pachuorkovski and Dwyer nailed down a 6-1 No. 3 doubles win against Katz and Costa.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Pachuorkovski and Dwyer posted their doubles win, seniors Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain) and Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) followed with a 6-2 triumph at No. 1 over Abby Ramsay and Margaret de Pont to clinch the point, before freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) and senior Rachel Wagner (Framingham, Mass.) added a 6-3 victory at No. 2 against Melissa Wood and Caroline Sumner.
- Etienne began singles play on the right foot, taking down Wood, 6-1, 6-0, at No. 3.
- Morais made it 3-0 with a 7-6 (7-2), 6-0 defeat of de Pont at No. 2.
- Pachuorkovski clinched the match with her No. 4 singles win, while Wagner's 6-2, 6-0 victory over Anna Schneider made it 5-0.
- Sala extended the advantage to 6-0 with a 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 win against Ramsay at No. 1.
- Dwyer's victory capped the match.
- The win snaps a two-match losing streak and puts the Penmen a game-and-a-half out of the final playoff spot in the Northeast-10 Championship with two matches remaining.
- The Penmen are back in action Sunday, Oct. 14 (1 p.m.) when they take on in-state rival Franklin Pierce University.
- The next and final home match of the fall for SNHU is Thursday, Oct. 18 (3 p.m.) when they play host to Stonehill College.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtubeand Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.