When and Where: September 20, 2018 – Hooksett, N.H. (SNHU Tennis Courts at Penmen Stadium)
Score: Southern New Hampshire University 6, Bentley University 1
Records: SNHU 2-2 (1-1 NE10), Bentley 1-1 (0-1 NE10)
Senior Rachel Wagner (Framingham, Mass.) did not drop a game all day, as she won both her matches to help the Southern New Hampshire University women's tennis team to a 6-1 victory over Bentley University on Thursday afternoon at the SNHU Tennis Courts at Penmen Stadium.
- Wagner was a 6-0, 6-0 winner against Courtney Flynn at No. 4 singles and also teamed with freshman Alexxa Etienne (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) for a 6-0 win at No. 2 doubles against Flynn and Evann Welty.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Seniors Anna Sala (Matadepera, Spain) and Sofia Morais (Porto, Portugal) matched Wagner and Etienne with a 6-0 triumph of their own over Hannah Fabianski and Katie Tynan at No. 1 singles to clinch SNHU the doubles point.
- Freshman Elizabeth Dwyer (Cutchogue, N.Y.) and junior Phebe Hall (Bennington, Vt.) added a 6-2 victory at No. 3 doubles against Morgan Kreiss and Cindy Luo for good measure.
- Etienne started out singles by downing Tynan, 6-0, 6-2 at No. 3, before Dwyer rolled past Kreiss, 6-0, 6-0 at No. 5 singles to make it 3-0.
- Wagner clinched the match with her No. 4 singles victory, with Morais posting a 6-0, 6-3 win at No. 2 against Welty.
- Sala pulled out a tough 6-3, 5-7, 10-5 win against Fabianski at No. 1 to push the lead to 6-1 before Bentley would salvage a point with a victory at No. 6.
- The doubles victory for Hall was her first win in a Penmen uniform.
- The Penmen are back in action Saturday, Sept. 22 (11 a.m.) when they play host to the University of New Haven.
For the latest on Southern New Hampshire University athletics, follow the Penmen via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and Instagram. Sign up to receive text message alerts and e-mail newsletters about your favorite Penmen teams here.