SNHU Cheerleading Program Overview
* A total of 20 athletes may be selected to participate in the SNHU Cheerleading Program.
* Traditionally, the Cheerleading Program at SNHU has been all-female, however males are welcome to tryout for the squad.
* Practice will begin in early September and will run until mid to late March.
* Practices will generally be four to five times per week, including some weekends.
* Practices will usually run for two and a half hours.
* All members of the SNHU Cheerleading Program will be required to participate in cardiovascular workouts and strength training workouts four days a week.
* Daily workouts will last one hour; a half hour of cardio & a half hour of strength training.
* An athletic trainer within the SNHU Athletic Department will provide the cheerleading team with an introductory cardiovascular and strength training exercise routine for team members to follow and/or use as a fitness training guideline.
Games & Peformances
* SNHU Varsity Cheerleaders are required to cheer at all home men's basketball games.
* Cheerleaders are required to cheer at tournament games and designated away games.
* The team performs at Midnight Madness; the official start of basketball season.
* The team performs during time-outs and half-time at all home men's basketball games.
* The team may compete in regional competitions provided the event does not interfere with the basketball schedule.
* Entering competition will depend upon the team's skill and talent level.
* If the team enters a competition, the practice schedule will increase to prepare for the competition.
* All SNHU Cheerleaders will be required to participate in fundraising activities.
* Money raised will subsidize the cost of camp attendance, overnight accommodations for an out-of-town competition, plaques and awards, etc.