About Southern New Hampshire University SAAC/Mission Statement:
The object of this committee is to promote communication between the athletic department, administration, greater Manchester, NH community, and the student-athlete population at Southern New Hampshire University. SAAC seeks to encourage more student-athlete involvement on campus and at community activities within the Manchester area. Our main mission is to inform, promote, and encourage positive game activity and boost attendance and support at athletic events.
Goals and Objectives:
1. To provide equal and representative input of SNHU students and athletes in terms of athletic events via the vehicle of the SAAC group.
2. To solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA Division II legislation.
3. To build a sense of community within the Southern New Hampshire University community involving all students.
4. To inform, promote, and encourage participation at athletic events
5. To organize community service efforts.
6. To promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
Division II—Who We Are:
As division II student-athletes we commit to fair-play and responsibility. The platform for all Division II student-athletes is based on six segments: Learning, Balance, Resourcefulness, Sportsmanship, Passion, and Service. As Division II student-athletes we invest our time and effort into everything we do from the classroom to community involvement and everywhere in between.
Division II National SAAC:
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses. Furthermore, SAAC seeks to create positive game environments, positive student-athlete images, and a sense of cohesiveness between Universities and the communities in which they reside through community involvement and volunteer work.